China Defense Research Analyst Intern (Mandarin Required) - DoD- (Temporarily Remote/Hybrid)
BluePath Labs is a fast-growing research and management consulting company focused on the challenging research problems for both government and private sector clients. BluePath is looking for one (1) Defense Research Analyst Intern to support open-source research in the defense and military aerospace sectors. Candidates must be a U.S. citizen to apply. These internships are year-around with possible full-time employment after one's graduation. There are no end-dates for the internship.
The Defense Research Analyst Intern must be able to read and translate source documents and publications in Mandarin. There is no specific undergraduate or graduate degree major requirement but there is a preference for candidates with previous technical analysis of the Chinese aerospace and defense sectors.
The Defense Research Analyst Intern will report to a BluePath Research Analyst and work as a part of a team on data collection, developing a keyword searchable database and reference system, and supporting research analysis. The primary work location will be at BluePath offices near Foggy Bottom at 2101 L ST NW. Washington, D.C. This position is currently remote work until further notice.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data collection, scanning, and entry.
- Open-source research and analysis
- U.S. citizen
- Junior/Senior undergraduate, recent graduate or currently in a Master's program.
- Strong Mandarin reading and translating skills. (ILR 2+ or HSK 5)
- Commit to at least 15-25hrs/week and 5-6 months.
- Intellectually curious with strong attention to detail.
- Personal initiative and drive.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight while meeting weekly goals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and other database products.
- Able to be an intern until May 2023.
- ILR 3+ for Reading/Writing or HSK 6.
- Previous research and data collection with Mandarin publications.
- Previous research and technical analysis of Chinese aerospace and defense sectors.
- Coding language such as python.
- Interest in data science and data visualizations.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00-$25.00 /hour depending on experience.
BluePath Labs combines mission and business insights with advanced technologies to deliver measurable performance improvements for our clients. BluePath is dedicated to surpassing client expectations by always living by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and resilience.BluePath's extensive experience in Government, Military, Commercial, and Academic environments is unique among small businesses and a core differentiator of our solutions. Our multidisciplinary background allows us to solve diverse and complex problems. Most importantly, we work closely with our clients to frame problems correctly, optimize processes, leverage technologies, and implement enduring solutions. Labs are where ideas are born, experiments occur, and breakthroughs happen. It is the hallmark of BluePath's culture.
BluePath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.