Engineering Geologist (JC-337354)
To be considered for this position, you must apply at CalCareers.ca.gov. To apply you must first, create a CalCareers account. Once your account is created you can search 337354 to locate the job posting and apply. Note: This position will no longer be available on CalCareers after the job closes on 11/21/2022. No applications will be accepted after the job closing date.
Positions at the Water Boards may be eligible for telework with in-person attendance based on the operational needs of the position. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, applying electronically is highly encouraged.
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board has an opening for an Engineering Geologist in the Oil Fields Unit. The position is located at 1685 E Street, Fresno, CA 93706.
Under the close supervision of the Senior Engineering Geologist and consistent with good customer service practices and the goals of the Water Board’s Strategic Plans, the incumbent will be expected to perform, in part, the following duties:
- Reviewing and interpreting information associated with oil and gas field activities including waste discharges and Class II wastewater injection and well stimulation activities. Reviewing plans and documents for ponds, oil field structures, and wells. Evaluating detailed technical information to determine if beneficial uses of drinking water will be affected;
- Evaluate and interpret technical information including water quality data, geologic cross-sections, isopach and isochore maps, geophysical logs, monitoring data, hydraulic head data, groundwater gradients and flow directions, land use data, and other information to assess hydrogeology and geology at oil and gas production areas;
- Prepare and review geological/geological engineering evaluations and technical/monitoring reports including groundwater reports and monitoring plans;
- Inspect facilities, including those where wastes are discharged or stored, to facilitate development of regulatory orders and enforcement actions and to determine compliance with existing orders, plans, policies, regulations and laws; and
- Perform other duties as specified within the scope and definition outlined in the Engineering Geologist series specification.
Candidates must possess essential personal qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgment, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and the ability to perform the assigned duties of the class.
If the position requires driving, you must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Please Do Not include full Social Security Number, method of eligibility, and LEAP information in your application package.
To learn more about this position and how to apply, please visit CalCareers.