R&D Product Development Intern
The R&D Product Development Intern will assist on assignments in collaboration with others which are moderate in scope for developing new products or improving existing products. This position will primarily be involved in performing Research and Development experiments and is intended to be a full-time opportunity for an engineering or science undergraduate to obtain hands-on laboratory experience in an industry leading research group while contributing to the overall company goals.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with basic laboratory experiments.
- Assist with general laboratory duties.
- Assist with DNA extraction methods.
- Assist with nucleic acid amplification methods.
- Assist with other support duties as assigned.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in field of Life Sciences.
- Preference giving to candidates with a record of outstanding academic achievement.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Prior research and lab work.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques.
- Basic knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods in biology/genetics.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email email@example.com.