General Engineer/Physical Scientist-OAR
The positions are located in the Office of Air and Radiation (OAR), Office of Atmospheric Protection (OAP) in the divisions below:
- Clean Air Markets Division
- Climate Protection Partnership Division
- Stratospheric Protection Division
- Climate Change Division
The division will be determined after a selection has been made for the position.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
For more information about this office, visit: OAR.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Assist in the development of technical and policy analyses, tools, and documents that support regulatory and non-regulatory development, reporting, and implementation of atmospheric air pollution programs;
- Advocate recommendations for advancing regulatory and voluntary programs or methods related to air quality and climate protection;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on projects to advance air pollution reduction technologies and practices;
- Communicate environmental programs, policies, data, and technical analyses to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).