Library Summer Intern
The ExxonMobil Central Library & Information Center is hiring for summer 2023 intern positions. Please SUBMIT to this job by 5:00 pm, November 25, 2022. Assignments are varied.
The Central Library & Information Center serves a global population of Research Scientists, Geoscientists, and Engineers. We have a broad portfolio of electronic content and databases as well as a traditional print library. We are the recognized experts in data organization, governance, management and protection and as such we consult with multiple business lines on their various information/database projects.
Current enrollment in or May 2023 completion of a Masters of Information or Library Science degree from an ALA accredited program.
What you will get
- Contribute valuable work with a highly-collaborative team in an organization that is comparable to a large academic STEM-focused library.
- Learn new and sharpen existing skills and interests using various library and information programs and tools.
- Hands-on exposure working with experienced library and information professionals in a business environment
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and creativity to progress projects independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of concepts of information retrieval, metadata, searching techniques, and database structures
- Interest in or experience with applying qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze and assess special library collections for collection integration
- Interest in or experience with content organization, information architecture, and user experience as it relates to a library website
- Familiarity with tools for searching scientific and technical literature, internet search engines, and database services such as Web of Science, EBSCO, and Alma Primo
- Eagerness to learn and understand the strategic goals of the organization
- Be able to work onsite at our campus in Spring, TX or Clinton, NJ almost all of the time to effectively collaborate with team members
Minimum ten-week paid internship position for summer 2023 with flexibility in starting and ending dates. Additional Information:
- Intern will present a review of their project to library staff and management at the conclusion of the internship
- Intern will also participate in sponsored activities with other ExxonMobil interns during the course of the summer