Environmental Communications Support
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Environmental Communications Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Ada, OK.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Bachelor’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Microsoft SharePoint design, implementation, maintenance and analysis
- Database and spreadsheet designing, implementation, maintenance (including data entry and periodic improvements), analysis (including verifying accuracy of data, tables, figures, mathematical expressions, etc.) and presentation of data within database;
- Developing and formatting reports and presentations, independently locating, organizing and analyzing material in a logical and effective sequence to facilitate decision making; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Ada, OK
Salary: $22.24 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience writing for a lay audience about science, environmental issues or public health concerns as evidenced by a writing sample;
- Experience with Adobe and Microsoft graphic design software including at least one of the following: Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Visio;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, & Outlook;
- Experience in administration support functions (recordkeeping, filing, etc) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines;
- Strong proof reading and editing skills; and
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER) within ORD at EPA, researches, identifies, develops and tests innovative tools, methods and technologies used to solve and prevent complex environmental problems to safeguard human health and the environment. The Groundwater Characterization and Remediation Division (GCRD) mission is to provide innovative and effective technologies, guidance, and tools that can be used to manage groundwater resources in a more sustainable and productive manner. The position will be assigned to the GCRD Immediate Office (GCRD/IO).
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, environmental science, information technology, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org