Marketing Sciences/Advanced Analytics Intern
Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology, content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all facets of media and technology.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
NRG is seeking a Marketing Sciences Intern to join us for our 2023 spring internship program. Our internship is an opportunity for students to be provided with a hands-on experience to work in research, shaping strategy for the world’s most powerful entertainment and technology brands. By assisting our Data/Marketing Sciences department, the intern will be able to develop proficiency in analytical techniques with structured and unstructured data sets which can be applied to future data analytics/data science roles.
- Support Data/Marketing Science team with a wide range of data analytic needs, including questionnaire design (including MaxDiff and conjoint techniques), multivariate analysis, segmentation, machine learning techniques and integrating 3rd party data sources (such as digital clickstream data, receipt/transaction data, movie and TV consumption data) with quantitative survey data.
- Assist team in using various statistical software and tools to evaluate data and develop both custom and productionized client solutions.
- Work with and draw conclusions from large diverse data sets, via data fusion or other techniques.
- Assist data processing team with taking respondent level data collected through surveys and assist them with the tabulation process.
- Assist with developing frameworks, models, tools, processes, visualizations, simulators and analyses to ensure continuous data driven results are provided for internal and external clients.
- Attend weekly meetings and share your opinions.
- Potential career training opportunities where interns will learn about various lines of the business such as our Client Services and Business Development teams as well as our Research Operations teams including but not limited to Data Management, Marketing Sciences and Design.
Who You Are
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous with a strong work ethic and solid business intuition.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic self-starter with an amiably competitive spirit.
- Able to explain complex ideas to non-technical audiences, both verbally and visually.
- Organized and able to plan projects efficiently including an ability to set priorities, problem solve and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, often with tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, collaborative creative thinker.
- Excited by data.
- Critical thinker.
- Strong interest in entertainment and technology industries.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant coursework and/or experience working in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Behavior Science, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline.
- Experience learning about analytics, statistical or data science academically or through previous internships.
- Experience or familiarity with SPSS, R and SQL queries.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
This is a temporary non-exempt position. We require interns to work around 16 hours per week with flexibility to work between the hours of 9am-6pm.
NRG provides flexible work options – employees will be given the choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Playa Vista or New York) or a hybrid of the two.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why do you want to work at NRG?
- Why are you interested in data science?
- What kind of training or experience have you had that has prepared you for this internship?
- What do you hope to gain through this internship?
- Assessment (if you move forward in the hiring process)