Graduate Intern - Scientific Software Developer
Enthought is seeking a full-time summer intern to take on challenging projects and work closely with our team of developers in our Austin, TX headquarters.
Prior working knowledge of Python is a must and experience with common open source scientific computing and data science libraries, like numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc. is a plus. Software engineering experience with things like object oriented design, code refactoring, git workflows, continuous integration and UI design are also valuable. Teamwork abilities, organizational skills, communication skills, ability to solve problems independently, and an eagerness to learn new things are also critical.
- Work with developers on existing customer and open source projects.
- Take ownership of part of a project, develop a plan with your mentor, implement the plan, and review results with your mentor.
- Develop application and test code in Python or other language.
- Participate in design and implementation discussions to provide ideas and understand the trade-offs involved in different implementations and user interface design.
- Work on a Machine-learning Assisted Geophysical Interpretation tool.
- Research into the printability of solvents used in LCD research, and the prototype printability measurement device.
- Implement algorithms for segmenting 3D geophysical data into homogeneous sub-regions.
- Write an open-source UI application framework.
- Write examples and documentation for DistArray.
- Wrap financial libraries using SWIG.
We will accept applications for summer internships through December 15. Internship selections are made by January 15.