Commercial Marine Analyst
An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
The Commercial Marine Analyst position provides a growth opportunity for a highly motivated individual that has a strong aptitude and a keen interest for a commercial career in the Maritime industry. This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to gain an understanding of the refining industry and how Maritime logistics supports the transportation of crude, renewables and refined products. The individual will have the opportunity to participate in both internal projects as well as cross-functional initiatives that optimize value for the enterprise.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the maritime industry, strong analytical skills, highly motivated and organized with an attention to detail, and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power BI/Tableau.
- Supports and maintains supply/demand and pricing models and dashboards.
- Develops and executes reports supporting Value Chain Integration and Marine.
- Assists in the modeling and evaluation of new business opportunities.
- Manages Marine files such as contracts, process documentation and reports in Sharepoint.
- Assists in analysis and data gathering for “ad-hoc” projects as they arise with the supervision of senior Marine analysts.
- Analyzes variances against monthly actuals and supports development of monthly scorecards.
- Analyzes, tracks and reports Marine performance metrics. Assists team with review, analysis and explanation of variations against P&L. Participates in development and enhancement of reporting metrics and dashboards.
- Provides market research to support Marine trading and analyzes market trends.
- Acquires and maintains external and internal information and resources to develop market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand issues and knowledge of market fundamentals.
- Assists in the development of the Marine budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, marketing, economics or Maritime Business degree. Preference for Summer or December 2022 graduate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with sound decision-making abilities
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and deliver results
- Excellent communication skills, team player and collaborative nature
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Experience with Tableau and Power BI preferred
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
San Antonio TX
Job Requisition ID:
19100 Ridgewood Pkwy
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability