GIS Developer Analyst
Why you should join our team
VELCO’s GIS Developer-Analyst is passionate about data driven decisions and app design. The GIS Developer-Analyst is motivated by creativity and focused on customer service. The GIS Developer-Analyst will collaborate with a variety of departments to mature their applications, and will work closely with functional teams to design solutions using the full ESRI stack.
How you will make an impact
· Establish customer relationships to organize and translate requirements into strategy
· Lead and support concurrent projects of small to medium scope
· Act as GIS expert and provide technical support and training
· Lead the development, integration, and maintenance of applications and systems
· Publish, configure, monitor, and integrate GIS web services
· Generate dashboards, reports, and other data visualizations
· Administer and coordinate usage of the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment
· Develop and support SQL Server relational databases while integrating external data sources
· Analyze and interpret data to provide actionable information
Who you are
A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, or related discipline is preferred. A Master’s degree may be substituted for work experience.
The GIS Developer/Analyst will typically have at least 2 years of related experience
• Solution design using ESRI’s ArcGIS product suite
• Database management and experience with SQL Server
• Lead and coordinate contractor work efforts
• Plan and complete diverse tasks and meet challenging deadlines
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to present complex technical information to committees, management, external regulators, and industry associations
• Project management experience including the design of scope, schedule, and budget
• Application and workflow development using VertiGIS Studio
• Data extraction and transformation using FME
• Dashboard design using PowerBI or Tableau
• Real time asset monitoring using software such as PI from AVEVA
• Working knowledge of the applications CresentLink from GEOGRAPH or CLSLiNK from Contract Land Staff
VELCO’s commitment to our employees
• Paid Time Off – Everyone needs time off to recharge. New employees are frontloaded with prorated time off dependent upon date of hire
• Sick Leave – We advocate for staying home when you are sick
• Paid Holidays – We observe 11 paid company holidays
• Medical – Select from two comprehensive health plans. Employees have access to a Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account. We allow documented Domestic Partners on our plans
• Dental & Vision – Offers a wide range of covered services
• Wellness Program – Allows you to receive up to $100 per year for reimbursement of approved wellness expenses
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Aids with mental health, stress management, work-life balance, financial and legal matters, and much more
• 401K – We offer a very generous employer match and profit share contribution
• Short Term Incentive Bonus – VELCO proudly offers a yearly incentive bonus based on individual contributions and key performance indicators
• Life Insurance – VELCO paid life insurance and supplemental coverages are available
· Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
· Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
· Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful reference check, background check, physical examination, drug screening, and documentation of Covid-19 vaccination
· Remote, hybrid and on-site work arrangements available
· VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
The Fine Print
Prolonged periods of working on a computer. Must be able to maintain fast pace while completing complex, analytical work, in potentially stressful situations, with competing priorities, within tight timelines and with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work additional hours when necessary. Periodic travel and overnight stays will be required when attending industry workshops, trainings, etc.
Who VELCO is
VELCO sits at an inflection point of dynamic innovation in an industry undergoing transformation. Our core responsibility to operate a safe and reliable electric transmission system for Vermonters has not changed. How we fulfil that responsibility, however, changes regularly with the evolution of the system we operate and the dynamic demands of the customers we serve. These conditions require that VELCO remain unshakably focused on operational excellence today while anticipating the capabilities we will need to thrive tomorrow. Likewise, the successful GIS Developer-Analyst will have the capabilities to meet today’s responsibilities while having the foresight and learning orientation to anticipate VELCO’s needs well into the future.
The GIS Developer-Analyst at VELCO is a trusted partner excited to help us realize our Vision to create a sustainable Vermont through our people, assets, relationships and operating model. The GIS Developer-Analyst is someone innately committed to fulfilling our Mission to serve as a Trusted Partner by passionately living our TRUST values (Treating each other with respect; Responding with urgency; Unconditionally supporting one another; Sharing information; and Thinking outside the box).