Strategic Insights Research Associate
Location: Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Knoxville, TN, Palo Alto, CA, Washington, D.C.
Job Summary and Description:
The Strategic Insights, Energy (Electric) Industry Research Associate is focused on helping the institute explore and inform a wide variety of customers on emerging topics, trends, challenges, and opportunities across the energy industry. This is a generalist position that offers the opportunity to pursue (and get exposure to) a diverse array of topics, technologies, applications, and policies. The scope of these activities is broad, spanning the energy industry and captures and synthesizes the relative impact that trends/technologies/applications may have on the future energy system.
- Help Identify and explore the impacts of emerging topics (e.g. Climate, Resilience, Equity, etc...) and technology trends on the energy industry and synthesize high-level outputs that inform and support decision-making by executive/C-Suite audiences.
- Work with a team to capture and develop timely, concise insights on business opportunities
- Work with technical staff to engage on new business opportunities across EPRI’s program portfolio
- Support resources to develop and market product and service offerings
- Leverage EPRI resources, members, and key stakeholders to identify industry gaps and position EPRI for future research needs and opportunities.
- Pursue opportunities and support EPRI’s go to market strategies
Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Masters’s or PhD Degree in a technical field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Incumbents must be able to exercise judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical assignments
- Ability to support the creation, marketing and selling of ERPI products, programs, services and solutions
- Effectively work as part of a team
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
- May participate in multiple projects
- Individual contributor
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.