Software Engineer Co-Op - Spring 2023
We are seeking a Software Co-Op to join our Software team for Spring and Summer 2023. This position will give exposure to several different aspects of software development including test automation, hands on trouble shooting, implementation based on software requirements and working on a product that directly improves user’s lives.
DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). Applicants must be available for a 6 month Co-Op from January/ February to June/ July 2023.
How you will make an impact:
- Use software engineering knowledge to solve issues found in embedded and test software
- Improve automated testing through investigation and code debugging
- Perform verification and validation activities using automated software testing and test fixtures
- Support development of software
- Learn software processes
To be successful in this role you need the following skills and experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent program
- Must have C++ programming experience
- Python programming experience a plus
- Have successfully completed at least one year of programming course(s)
- Must be a self-starter eager to contribute in a team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research and Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA’s brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.
* Applicants should be aware that that DEKA is not able to assist with housing.
* Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.