Purchasing & Inventory Specialist - (1001)
Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a full-time Purchasing & Inventory Specialist in our Cheyenne, WY office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
Please click here to see what benefits WEST offers!
The minimum base hourly rate for this position is $19.23 and the maximum starting hourly rate is $26.44, plus additional annual profit sharing bonus potential. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will be available for work from 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday and have experience in purchasing and/or inventory in the professional services industry. Duties include:
- Asset database entry and maintenance.
- Record and maintain control of inventory.
- Assemble and disassemble office furniture and lift and move items in and around the offices.
- File maintenance.
- Research, evaluation, and negotiation with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordination, purchase, setup, and troubleshooting of cell phones.
- Prepare and process purchase requests for office supplies and equipment.
- Receive, check-in, and stock orders.
- Reconcile vendor invoicing and create and track internal invoicing for rental equipment and supplies.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The Purchasing & Inventory Specialist we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST take the next step in our growth as a premier environmental consulting firm. Successful candidate must be a self-starter that can work independently or as part of a team and who possesses:
- Associate’s degree in Business or related field with two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in purchasing and/or inventory OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in purchasing and/or inventory.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Android OS.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices and inventory control procedures.
- Experience with asset tracking processes and procedures.
- Experience evaluating and negotiating terms with vendors and suppliers.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as good listening skills.
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.