Machine Learning - Internships and Co-Ops - Spring 2023
DEKA Research & Development, housed in Manchester, NH, has an exciting opportunity for a Machine Learning Intern to work in a dynamic R&D environment. In this role you will work alongside a group of passionate engineers to create innovative solutions that truly make a difference.
DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks, 12 preferred, co-ops available for 6 months rotation for Spring and Summer. All Spring internships must start no later than January 23rd, 2023.
How you will make an impact:
- Design and apply machine learning algorithms and evaluate their performance on real-world and simulated data sets
- Translate generated algorithms into production-level code
- Collaborate with various teams to achieve objectives in improving system performance and safety
- Integrate with existing software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled in Masters or PhD in CS, Aerospace, Robotics, or similar engineering field
- Experience with C/C++ programming and debugging in a Linux environment
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with autonomous robotics and vehicle systems
- Understanding of common Machine Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression and clustering)
- Experience with behavior modeling and intent interpretation research work
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other Cloud systems desired
* Applicants should be aware that that DEKA is not able to assist with housing.
* Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research & Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA’s brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.