Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities for this position are to perform complex and recurring administrative tasks.
- Generate, edit and distribution of documents and correspondence to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and implement the retention and filing of electronic and manual records/documents.
- Maintain the office supplies and copy machines maintenance.
- Convey information, schedule activities and relay messages to Budget Officer and Budget Office staff.
- Provide support for distributing funding guidance for signatures and processing to DOE.
- Prepare calendars and documents for annual budget submission.
- Update web page as needed and maintain SharePoint site(s).
- Provide support for all monthly reporting.
- Knowledge of BNL Policies and Procedures related to Budget Office responsibilities.
- Maintain all Budget Office calendars and coordinate / schedule meetings using Zoom, Teams, and Outlook.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least eight (8) years of experience, showing progressively more complex responsibilities in a relevant administrative role. (A bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, may offset qualifying experience on a basis of 2:1 (experience:college), as would an associate degree with a minimum of two (2) years related experience.)
- Proficient in web-based tools and all Microsoft applications.
- Be able to handle non-routine office matters.
- Must be highly efficient, well organized and have problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work independently and prioritize workload.
- Handle multiple and parallel projects.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues encountered within own area of responsibility, act proactively to develop solutions and provide recommendations to avoid problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products; DocuSign, Adobe Professional.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collaborative, team-orientation.
- Ability to exercise a considerable degree of initiative and judgment in a very complex budget and administrative environment and function.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other MS Office products required, as well as Enterprise Resource Planning and systems.
- Agility with emerging technologies.
- Ability to handle deadlines and pressure situations.
- Professional and confidential manner.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft Financials and Human Resources Systems.