PSAT Operations Intern (Evergreen) (Open)
Operations Schedulers within Product Supply and Trading (PSAT) are responsible for optimizing flow by coordinating pipeline, marine, rail and/or terminal logistics for products including feedstocks, fuels, and refined products (e.g. gasoline, naphtha, diesel, jet fuel, heavy fuels, biofuels, and other products) for the manufacturing and marketing network movement. Operations Schedulers work closely with trading teams, internal and external stakeholders, and third-party customers to approve nominations for movement, produce shipping schedules, and manage inventory. On-call availability for evening, weekend and holiday scheduling emergencies is a requirement.
PSAT manages global supply, trading and logistics for a wide range of products, including feedstocks, fuels, and refined products like gasoline, naphtha, diesel, jet fuel, heavy fuels, biofuels, coke, sulfur, ammonia and asphalt, and other products for the manufacturing and marketing network.Internship will be located in Houston, TX
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Lead day-to-day scheduling and operations for trading teams, including activities such as blending, quality control, loss prevention and forecasting analysis
- Manage nominations for pipeline, marine, rail and/or truck carriers; monitors and executes commodity movements
- Partner with traders to manage physical inventory positions and recommend trade activity based on interactions with third parties
- Monitor pipeline/marine / terminal operations to optimize schedules
- Engage with internal and external industry experts and maintain strong relationships and lines of communication
- Collaborate on and communicate operational costs, optimization initiatives and best practice
- Champion incident-free operations and continuous improvements
- Seeks opportunities to optimize current and future digital tools to minimize manual effort and duplication of actions
- Bachelor’s degree (Logistics, Engineering, Shipping or Supply Chain or another related field of study experience)
- Experience in energy, manufacturing, transportation, supply chain and/or finance
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on Operational Excellence and delivering results
- Demonstrated organizing and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Demonstrated influencing skills, the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. A background in SAP/ TSW or Right Angle would be a plus
- Crude, gas and/or refined product commodities scheduling experience in a trading
- Deliver Results - Drives for results in keeping with The Chevron Way and Tenets of Operation. Anticipates, identifies and mitigates risks. Demonstrated freedom to act within expected sphere of influence, decisive behaviors. Contributes differing points of view to enhance decisions. Delivers on commitments.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner both orally and in writing. Listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views, concerns and comments of others. Reaches out to team members, peers, stakeholders, etc. for input and decision support as appropriate.
- Business Acumen - Understanding of business drivers and the ability to develop work and execution plans to meet objectives and business plans. Firm understanding of commercial discipline and market activities (e.g. commercial/trading acumen). Demonstrated ability to utilize decision analysis tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions or proposals.
- Analytical Skills - Utilizes techniques and tools that promote effective acquisition and analysis of business data. Has the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions, considering both the long and short-term impact of proposed solutions. Gathers market information to assess scheduling strategy; develops opportunities during operational upsets and changing market conditions. Self-directed with the ability to effectively manage projects with minimal supervision. Readily able to establish priorities, produce quality work and meet deadlines. Demonstrates ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize activities, and to use time efficiently achieving superior results.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.