General Engineer/Physical Scientist/Life Scientist (Inspector/Enforcement Officer) -R5
This position is in Region 5, Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Division, Land Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Branch.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 5: Region 5 Website
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provide technical advice and information on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Recommend enforcement actions based upon inspection findings and EPA enforcement policies.
- Provide regulatory compliance assistance to facilities during inspections, investigations, and compliance assistance visits.
- Provide assistance to regional personnel, other federal, state, local, to tribal agencies, industry representatives, concerned pubic citizens on technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.