Associate Consultant, Compass Program - New Orleans (Entry Level)
The Associate Consultant, Compass Program at ERM is a recent graduate with a passion for, and emerging technical knowledge of and/or experience in, the fields of Renewables Energy and Environmental Management. This program is not an internship, it a full-time benefit eligible position with ERM. Successful candidates will be aspiring to a client facing role in the Sustainability Consulting industry. ERM’s Compass Program Associates undertake comprehensive training to join teams made up of industry experts and diverse project teams providing consulting services to clients across North America.
Our Associate Consultant, Compass Program is a development pathway that provides the opportunity to develop and hone a broad range of environmental and sustainability capabilities.
This program is expected to begin January 23, 2023. The office locations for this role include.
- Charlotte, NC
- Richmond, VA
- Boston, MA
- Minneapolis, MN
- New Orleans, LA
- Irvine, CA
- Walnut Creek, CA
- Portland, OR
- Vancouver, Canada
ERM consultants support clients across industry tackle sustainability challenges, providing advice and delivery support to our clients to respond to the changing world. Responsibilities vary with the project that our consultants work on, and where they decide to specialize as they develop through our career structure. Service areas will include the following:
- Sustainable Capital Project Delivery: Provide support on a wide range of renewable and other capital infrastructure projects including environmental due diligence services, habitat assessments, wetland delineations, land use planning/facility siting, renewable energy desktop and field-based environmental assessments and reporting, pipeline and/or transmission line routing studies, and development of permit matrices and risk assessments.
- Liability Portfolio Management Remediation: Provide support on interesting site investigation, remediation, and/or due diligence projects including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests, and remedial system construction oversight.
As an ERM Consultant, you would:
- Interact and maintain successful, collaborative relationships with clients and ERM colleagues.
- Prepare project documents such as work plans, reports, analyses.
- Conduct field work
- Work as part of a team to achieve project outcomes
- Assist in data management, data analysis and interpretation, modelling, and risk assessment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. We consider a wide variety of backgrounds including Environmental/Climate/Earth Systems Science, Engineering, Energy, Sustainability, Natural Resources, Water Resources, Biology, Geology, and Ecology.
- Strong critical thinking.
- Creative and innovative.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Field safety skills.
- Travel to project sites to perform field studies, sampling, or site investigation
- High performance work style.
- Good problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong delivery skills (both task and time management).
- Previous work experience in relevant fields is advantageous – but passion and potential are prime.
- Willingness to minimal travel is important, as is the ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- We are unable to support sponsorship for employment visas in the US or Canada and will not be providing any now, or in the future, for the term of employment in these positions.
Time commitment and location
Full time position, with some flexibility on hours to meet the requirements of a global business. ERM promotes a hybrid working environment and encourages ERMers to be in the office 8 times a month. This opportunity is specific to the locations noted and no relocation is provided.
Ways of working
- Appetite for learning new tools and practices, while also being comfortable acting as a self-starter—someone who will always find something to do or ways to make improvements.
- Professionalism, strong agility, learning orientation, comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate ideas within a dynamic team environment.
- As part of a global function, you will be working with employees around the world, which requires strong intercultural awareness.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to the sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job's alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!