Intern DNALC NYC, College
The DNA Learning Center (DNALC) has multiple immediate part time openings for College Interns at the DNALC NYC located in downtown Brooklyn on the corner of Tillary and Adams Streets. This brand new center will be a destination for school field trips, summer camps and hands-on programs for the public.
Job responsibilities will include:
– Performing laboratory prep work for educational programs, including preparation of reagents for use in experiments, maintaining bacterial strains and preparation of culture media.
– Packing of materials and equipment for offsite instruction and student research programs.
– General classroom upkeep, equipment testing, and laboratory set-up.
– Assisting educational staff during summer camp instruction
– Supervising summer campers during lunch, assisting with summer camp check-in
– Participation in independent or team projects (mentored by DNALC staff) that focus on translating current research into new experiments for the educational programs.
EDUCATION: Current college student
EXPERIENCE: An interest in science
OTHER: Ability to work at least 8-10 hours Monday – Friday (between 8:30AM – 5 PM) for 5-6 weeks during the summer. Ability to work a minimum of four hours per week during the school year. Must be at least 16 years of age. Must have reliable transportation to/from the DNALC NYC.
Hourly Rate: $17.50
Graduate/Grad Student Hourly Rate: $20.00
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position with cover letter & resume on the CSHL careers website at: https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/19488
Position Number: 00620-E
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today’s research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.