Structural Engineer - Pathway Program
The NOV Pathway Rotational Program offers recent college graduates the opportunity to obtain meaningful work experiences through a structured 2-to-3-year rotational program. The program is designed to help participants develop strong functional/technical expertise and business knowledge through challenging, hands-on assignments and exposure to various groups across NOV. Towards the end of the program, participants will work with their management support team to identify full-time positions that best suit individual skill sets as well as company needs.
Participants remain on one career track based on education and career interest. Each career track has its own training and experience-based learning objectives, and knowledge and performance are evaluated following each rotation. The start date for this program will be January 23, 2023, but sooner start dates are available.
Following the engineering career track, the primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment
- Solve problems of varying engineering complexity
- Use established practices and apply educational knowledge of design engineering principles
- Be involved in testing and hands on training on the shop floor
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Required – graduating December 2022 or earlier or recent graduate (0-2 years) with a Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering, Oceaneering or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly
- Hands-on experience (e.g. mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding)
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Previous oilfield experience or familiarity preferred
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently with the ability to multitask on multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
Successful candidates who meet the above qualifications will be invited to attend a virtual Information Session to learn more about the program to ensure it’s a fit for you prior to continuing the selection process. Find upcoming info sessions at www.nov.com/Pathway.