LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc. (LSPI) is the global leader in the science of drag reduction. In 2014 LSPI was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, having previously been a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips 66. LSPI provides flow improver solutions, delivering strategic value to its customers by maximizing the flow potential of pipelines while increasing their operational flexibility, capacity and economic performance. LSPI works with companies in more than 35 countries to solve pipeline flow needs, treating more than 12 million barrels of hydrocarbon liquids a day and providing customers with a total package solution that includes flow improver products and the right injection equipment. LSPI leading brands are LiquidPower™, ExtremePower® and RefinedPower™.
LSPI consistently recruits the best and brightest. Put your valuable skills to work and join us!
Responsible for providing strategy and project development through leading various initiatives such as strategy reviews, product development project teams, process improvements, market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other strategic initiatives and special projects.
This role will be an active contributor in many aspects of LSPI’s business, giving the employee a broad understanding of operations. This role is also instrumental in establishing the long-term strategic direction of LSPI, identifying growth opportunities, and effective implementation of the product development process. This role interacts with all functions within LSPI as well as all levels of leadership.
- Lead strategy and marketing projects, which includes (but is not limited to) long-term scenario planning, product strategy and commercialization, major infrastructure projects, MarTech programs, and new customer programs designed to support our long-term strategy.
- Lead aspects of LSPI’s demand planning modelling process.
- Conduct competitor and market analysis and identify implications for LSPI, including competitive response when necessary.
- Support M&A team’s identification of new opportunities through analysis of potential new markets and technologies.
- Develop and recommend improvements in business plans and processes.
- Conduct economic analysis in conjunction with Director, Strategy & Business Development.
- Role is not limited to the above listed responsibilities and may include other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or quantitative field of study from an accredited college or university. MBA a plus.
- Typically 5+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Effective cross-functional collaboration skills
- Influence management experience
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
- Communication - Can effectively communicate at all levels and has experience presenting to senior audiences.
- Conceptual capacity - Strong business acumen / can conduct financial analyses / understands the value chain / broad industry experience.
- Accountability - Holds self-accountable for meeting high performance standards.
- Implementation - Promote and embody a culture of rigor, execution, and implementation.
- Results orientated - Delivers real business & improvement strategies.
- Out of the box thinking - Challenges current thinking and approaches.
- Strategic thinking - Long-term mindset, with short-term execution.
- Influence management - Can get work done through others without reporting relationship.
- Quantitative modelling experience
LSPI is an equal opportunity employer. LSPI’s company policies provide for a working environment free from discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.