Senior Software Engineer
ARA is looking for Software Engineers to join our expanding teams in Raleigh NC. Our engineers support projects in the areas of situational awareness, cyber effects modeling, and electronic warfare modeling. You will be a key member of a team that is developing and integrating technologies to support real-world operations for the military.
If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance, then we have the job you are looking for! You will be able to achieve your personal and professional goals in a stable environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
• Lead the development and demonstration of models, algorithms, and analytic tools in high-fidelity simulations
• Perform trade studies among competing technologies and approaches
• Create, document, and implement software system development plans
Required Senior Software Engineer Qualifications:
• US Citizenship (Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information)
• BS in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Engineering along with 8-10 years of relevant work experience
• Strong foundation in software development and experience with Java, Python, and/or C++
• Understanding of best practices for software development including coding standards, code reviews, version control, build processes, CI/CD, and testing
• Ability to understand and solve complex problems
• Team player with excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
Additional Senior Software Engineer Desirable Qualifications:
• PhD or MS in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Engineering
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new domains
• One or more of the following:
+ Radar hardware and waveforms, radar signal processing, tracking
+ Wireless communication systems and jamming
+ Digital signal processing, probability, and machine learning
• Experience in Matlab
• Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
• Prior / existing security clearance
Anticipated salary range: $100,000 - $140,000. Offer may vary depending on experience and skill set.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Software Enterprise Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/
• 8 year(s): Relevant Work Experience
• Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)