Principal RF Engineer
Applied Electromagnetics Division (AED) of Applied Research Associates, Inc (ARA) is seeking an experience RF Engineer to join our team in Lafayette, CO. Our Advanced Antennas & Radomes Group (AARG) Deputy Group Leader (DGL) will perform program and operations management, subject matter expertise, and business development for the business unit. AARG is focused on RF/EM antenna, radome, and materials research, development, manufacturing, and test. AARG’s capabilities include: (1) computational RF/EM simulation, analysis, and design; (2) circuit board and composite materials manufacturing; (3) RF/EM materials and circuits, and antenna measurements.
As a Principal RF Engineer and deputy group leader, you’ll also focus your duties in the following key areas:
• Business Development
+ Lead marketing/business development for current and new clients to, not only sustain, but grow our group’s products and services business.
+ Serve as an EM/RF subject matter expert on R&D and production projects to solve difficult problems for internal ARA and external Government and industry customers.
• Project Work and Oversight
+ Meet with Government and industry customers and ARA team members on a regular basis to guide, review, and plan future actions on projects.
+ Manage project budgets, schedules, and reporting
+ Lead proposal preparation for new opportunities.
+ Coordinate and communicate with other groups/divisions on joint proposals.
• US Citizenship
• An active SECRET clearance is required or held within the last year
• 10-12 years in a field of applied electromagnetics
+ 8-10 years in antenna or radome design and development
+ 5 years related experience in project development & execution
+ 5 years in manufacturing, test and quality assurance processes
• MS. in Electrical Engineering
• Recognized beyond the company as an authority in the field
• Ability and flexibility to efficiently manage resources (personnel and equipment) and budgets (projects, proposals, OH, and service centers)
• Marketing & business development skills
• Proposal writing and management skills
• Leadership experience (technical, project and/or prior management experience)
• Ability to obtain SAP/SCI tickets
• S. in Electrical Engineering with a focus on EM/RF
• Established customer relationships in the industry
• Experience in product, development, and manufacturing desired
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
ARA’s Applied Electromagnetics Division (AED), located in Dayton, Ohio, offers a collaborative work environment that provides growth opportunities for self-driven, intelligent, and dedicated people who are eager to be a part of motivated teams developing tomorrow’s technology. At AED we perform advanced research and development related to electromagnetic propagation and scattering, design and fabrication of antennas and radomes, RF measurement testing services, electro-optics, RF materials, microelectronics, and computational modeling and simulation. We operate in a highly technical field, with a talented staff of engineers, scientists, and technicians with backgrounds in electrical engineering, applied mathematics, physics, and computer science. We share a passion for finding the best solution to our customers’ problems.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Principal RF Engineer position.
• 10 - 12 years: Experience in a field of applied electromagnetics
• 8 year(s): Experience in project develop & execution
• 5 year(s): Background in radome or antenna manufacturing, design, and QA processes
• Master of Engineering or better in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Master of Engineering or better in Systems Engineering or related field
Licenses & Certifications
• Secret Clearance
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
• Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
• Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
• Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
• Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
• Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
• Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
• Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)