Pipeline Integrity Survey Corrosion Technician (CP-1)
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the natural gas, oil, power, real estate, environmental and infrastructure industries. TRC has nearly 7,000 employees in over 150 offices globally, including the United States, Canada, China and the UK.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Pipeline Integrity Survey/Corrosion Technician with a minimum of 6 months – 3 years’ experience for our growing Engineering & Survey Pipeline Integrity team. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic to work with technical pipeline survey crew leads to develop their knowledge of the corrosion industry and can live anywhere in the Midwest, southwest or gulf coast area. Approximately 80% Travel.
As a crucial member of our team, this person will develop their abilities and use their existing skills to deliver a quality product on our customer service driven team. Organization, communication, and teamwork will be essential to efficiently perform survey work.
· Performing Close Interval Survey on transmission and distribution pipelines to document effectiveness of Cathodic Protection system.
· Perform ACVG, DCVG, Soil resistivity, and PCM testing when required.
· Operate pipe locator device and achieve NCCER / MEA certification.
· Work within project scope under the direction of an experienced survey crew leader, or ability to lead crew, adhering to TRC Solutions company safety protocols
· Crews range from 2-5 employees in size. Teamwork and ability to effectively communicate are essential
· Any other duties as assigned by the crew lead or project management
Shreveport, Louisiana, Austin, TX - East Huntland Dr - AUS4, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX, Amarillo, TX, Little Rock, Arkansas- LERK, Phoenix, AZ - PHOE, Albuquerque, NM - ALB2, Carlsbad, NM, New Orleans, LA, Biloxi, Mississippi, Gainesville, FL - GAIN
· Current and Valid NACE Cathodic Protection Level 1 Certification (CP-1) preferred (not required).
· Experience in corrosion control, protective coatings, and cathodic protection monitoring, preferred.
· Ability to handle field survey equipment, troubleshooting, good writing and record keeping skills are required.
· Must be self-motivated & be able to work independently.
· Able to follow instructions of Field Crew Lead as needed and work with the Team.
· Ability to work in a safety oriented and high stress outdoor environment is required.
· Must be able to pass specific CP OQs for CIS, DCVG, PCM and Soil Resistivity through Veriforce, MEA, ITS and NCCER OQ programs.
· Must pass and be subject to random DOT Drug Testing program.
· Must be able to pass a credit check for company issued credit card to cover expenses.
· Ability to obtain TWIC card preferred (not required).
· Approximately 80% Travel.
· Must be able to walk between 3-7mi. daily along the pipeline right of way.
· Must be able to work 10-12hr days, 6 days per week when needed. Overtime varies depending on project.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time.
TRC’s nearly 7,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, guiding complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results.
Pipeline Integrity and Engineering
TRC has engineered over 127,000 miles of pipeline, permitted over 9,500 miles of pipeline and integrated over 185,000 miles of integrity pipeline data. We offer a complete range of integrity, engineering, asset knowledge and field services to provide solutions in every phase of your pipeline and facility asset life cycle.
We work with gas and liquid midstream, distribution, gathering and municipalities from large to small to develop compliant and cost-effective solutions while meeting regulatory, engineering and operational requirements. Optimization of aging pipeline infrastructure is paramount due to the need for affordable energy and the public’s focus on incidents. We support your systems with efficiencies by understanding that they are constantly changing, upgraded and replaced. The TRC team are experts in risk, current and upcoming regulations, capitalizing data as an asset and innovative ways to reduce emissions.
TRC is ranked #17 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
We understand our clients’ goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world’s energy, environment and infrastructure challenges.
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community.
Please watch the video below to learn more about TRC:
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled