Equity Sales & Trading
Redburn is an institutional equities broker-dealer and serves as a trusted adviser to the world's largest investors. We write in-depth research on European and US stocks, and also execute trades in those markets on behalf of our clients. Redburn was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, Paris, and Madrid.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Redburn is looking for an entry-level hire to join our growing sales & trading desk in New York. (Current college seniors graduating in May 2023 will be considered.) The ideal candidate will have an interest in financial markets, a natural sales ability and an eagerness to learn. The eventual hire will be joining at an exciting time for the firm as we embark on an ambitious growth plan in the US equity market.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
•Support senior salespeople and traders in building relationships with our North American institutional client base, which includes mutual funds, hedge funds and family offices.
•Develop a thorough understanding of stocks covered by Redburn, and learn how to translate our research into actionable investment ideas for clients.
•Participate in a variety of ad hoc projects for the Head of North American Sales including data management and client administration.
• Confident, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality
• A competitive spirit and natural sales ability
• A strong work ethic and an ability to learn quickly
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Professional, detail orientated, reliable, and conscientious
• Demonstrated experience or internet in a sales, business development or financial services role
• BS or BA mandatory (or on track to receive by May 2023); finance/economics concentration a plus
• Working knowledge and high level of interest in financial markets
• Ability to travel
• Must be willing to work full-time in our Manhattan office
Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus. Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, 401k match, transit subsidies, etc.