Control Systems Engineer - Internships and Co-Ops - Spring 2023
DEKA Research & Development, housed in Manchester, NH, has an exciting opportunity for a Machine Learning Intern to work in a dynamic R&D environment. In this role you will work alongside a group of passionate engineers to create innovative solutions that truly make a difference.
DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks, 12 preferred, co-ops available for 6 months rotation for Spring and Summer. All Spring internships must start no later than January 23rd, 2023.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain vision based control systems for innovative medical and robotic products
- Develop and design new prototype devices. This requires a familiarity with the software robotic operating system, system design and integration as well as linear/non-linear control system design techniques.
- Design systems using mechanical, electrical design and software development skills.
- Develop medical devices according to FDA design practices
- Failure mode and effect analysis on control systems
What do you need?
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering program at least junior level, masters preferred.
- Must show a strong background in both the Electrical and Mechanical disciplines.
- Experience in controls, ROS and vision navigation and planning preferred
- Strong software experience with Python and C++
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter eager to contribute in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
* Applicants should be aware that that DEKA is not able to assist with housing.
* Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research & Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA’s brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.