Associate Director, Marketing Technologies (1505)
Combining the knowledge of customer needs, product content, and market and technology trends, the Associate Director, Marketing Technologies at New England Biolabs (NEB) directs the technical development of NEB’s marketing technology stack, as well as our overall website strategy to maximize the functionality, brand presentation and user experience, to support NEB’s integrated digital marketing strategy.
- Develop and direct the implementation of the strategy and roadmaps for NEB’s digital marketing and customer-facing e-commerce and content technology infrastructure, globally, including those for neb.com, CMS (Content Management System), e-commerce (primarily on neb.com), on-site search, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), marketing automation, and web data analytics/reporting.
- Own all aspects of the digital marketing and e-commerce technology infrastructure and roadmaps, including solution identification, project management, UAT, and implementation, management, integrations, and business processes in collaboration with IT and third-party collaborators and vendors.
- Identify and evaluate technology solutions, as well as vendor relationships, acting as the liaison between Marketing and IT, by managing the implementation, development, and ongoing support of these technologies.
- Managing all aspects of projects related to the website. This includes:
- Developing industry leading UX through own knowledge and experience, plus experimentation with new ideas.
- Delivering business defined UX improvements and content updates to website, including ensuring accuracy and timeliness of such changes.
- Managing and prioritizing requests from internal clients to update and publish content, as well as develop new functionality, user experience and/or design.
- Support international subsidiary websites, including, as necessary, e-commerce, as well as CRM, marketing automation, SEO and SEM needs, and general ongoing technology globalization efforts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the global web ecosphere, user experience best practice, and digital marketing trends.
- Work with the Sr. Marketing Operations Manager to obtain customer feedback and perform user testing to assess current and evolving customer needs to direct user experience initiatives. Strategically aligning web experience for consistency in entire customer journey.
- Develop and manage the Marketing Technologies team such that it has the resources and skill base to deliver the Marketing Technology strategy, both today and in the future.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in a core life science discipline preferred.
- MBA or equivalent on-the-job training, when supplemented by external business skills training with a focus on Marketing Technologies.
- Minimum of twelve years’ experience in life science industry, with at least eight years’ experience in a marketing communications/e-marketing position.
- Experience using Content Management Systems, e-commerce solutions, web functionality, user experience and design tools.
- Experience with Sitecore, Coveo, Salesforce and/or Hybris (SAP) eCommerce a plus.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, website and eCommerce functionality and design, with proven application in the life science sector.
- Expertise in Marketing Technologies that support web functionality and their integration.
- Proven leadership and people development skills, with ability to motivate and effectively communicate.
- Good communication and presentations skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Broad knowledge of the life sciences market and ideally NEB product portfolio.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your resume directly to us using either the job link in our Handshake job posting or via our company website at https://www.neb.com/about-neb/careers.