Open-world Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) Researcher - ONSITE
BluePath Labs is looking for an Open-world Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) Researcher to support research efforts at the Army Cyber Institute (ACI) in West Point, NY. This is a critical and exciting opportunity at the intersection of advanced ML/AI and will have direct operational relevance. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong research skills and a track record of successfully working in a collaborative academic research environment. They will be working with leading Army researchers and programs and partners throughout the US Government. This position is for someone researching these novel areas as opposed to just implementing known/existing methods/techniques/tools.
- Experience taking a leading role in developing, testing, and implementing generative machine learning (GML) in the cyber domain.
- Collaborating with peers at the United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA), the Army Cyber Institute (ACI), and external researchers to write scholarly publications.
- Experience reviewing research products for correctness and clarity and integrate additional content,
- Experience exploring open world recognition (OWR) for the cyber domain to enable cyber machine learning evolution within a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience investigating and developing GML techniques for out-of-distribution training data expansion in the network intrusion detection system (NIDS) setting, to include cyber adversarial behavior evolution.
- Experience generating evolutionary cyber machine learning data sets for OWR, as well as conducting temporal testing for evolution (injecting adversarial evolution through GML, cyber adversarial modeling, and subject-matter-expert input).
- Experience exploring evolutionary computation, reinforcement learning, uncertainty quantification, and statistical computing methods for modeling and simulation to enable broad resilience.
- Experience applying Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) systems to complex problem scenarios.
- Experience with Neuro-symbolic AI, open-world recognition, open set theory, zero-shot learning, transfer learning, self-supervised learning, federated learning, data-efficient learning, multi-modal fusion/learning, reinforcement learning, different deep learning architectures (fully connected, CNNs, RNNs, transformers, GNNs, etc.), etc. The problem application areas include cybersecurity, command and control, ISR, sensemaking, situational awareness, decision aiding, etc.
- PhD with a degree in data science, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, artificial intelligence (AI), cognitive science, computer science, decision science, information systems, information technology, industrial and systems engineering, electrical engineering, computational science and engineering, computational social science, econometrics, quantitative economics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages (Python, R, Julia, MATLAB, etc.) along with modern software development practices, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer and network security principles, as well as knowledge of general cybersecurity data sets and tools.
- Ability to (a) communicate equally well to lay audience and experts in the field, both written and orally; (b) analyze research results in a field and draw conclusions about the efficacy of methods outlined; (c) review proposals (from other agencies); and (d) carry out literature surveys and author reports on the status of a sub-field.
- Skills may be demonstrated by appropriate graduate-level coursework, or independent research experience with documented output in the form of reports, conference papers, or journal articles.
- U.S.citizenship or Five Eyes citizenship.
About BluePath Labs
BluePath Labs is a fast-growing research and consulting company committed to solving complex problems for federal, state, and local government clients. We offer a range of professional, scientific, and technology services. Our specific areas of expertise include business consulting, research and data science, and technology integration.
BluePath Labs combines mission and business insights with advanced technologies to deliver measurable performance improvements for our clients. BluePath is dedicated to surpassing client expectations by always living by our core values of integrity, professionalism, and resilience. BluePath's extensive experience in Government, Military, Commercial, and Academic environments is unique among small businesses and a core differentiator of our solutions. Our multidisciplinary background allows us to solve diverse and complex problems. Most importantly, we work closely with our clients to frame problems correctly, optimize processes, leverage technologies, and implement enduring solutions. Labs are where ideas are born, experiments occur, and breakthroughs happen. It is the hallmark of BluePath's culture.