The Capital Area Division (CAD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc (ARA) is building a team of Cybersecurity Consultants to conduct cyber assessments assessing vulnerabilities of critical U.S. and allied systems, networks, infrastructures, and assets. Our team will support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE) Mission Assurance Department (MA). We are seeking a wide range of backgrounds to assess vulnerabilities and recommend methods for mitigation.
Assessment teams will identify risks that may lead to mission loss or degradation and provide recommendations for risk reduction based on DoD Mission Assurance Assessment benchmarks. Teams will provide a balanced look at the mission survivability of key DoD facilities and provide recommendations with supporting rationale to leadership. Teams will also perform assessments from an adversarial viewpoint to identify weaknesses, test and evaluate protection strategies, and demonstrate exploitation of identified vulnerabilities. Components of these assessments include but are not limited to examining telecommunications (e.g., video, voice and data, commercial and military) and cyber space operations (e.g., computer networks, IA tools use, operations security). Cyber assessment teams may be deployed to high-threat but permissive environments anywhere in the world. Each team can support up to eight assessments per year that range from one week to six weeks in duration, from start to submission. The teams will identify threats to information technology and operational technology and assess the vulnerability and risk to assets. Selected candidates will apply in-depth knowledge of cyber threats to develop recommendations to remediate system vulnerabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience. Commensurate experience can serve as a substitute for degree requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
• Understanding of information technology threats, and cybersecurity practices
• Be able to adhere to CDC recommended immunizations for worldwide deployment, be able to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours and take on-call duty as required by contract
• Possess effective oral and written communication skills
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain SCI access
• Familiarity operational technology and control systems associated with critical infrastructure. Able to advise clients on the secure design of such environments
• Prior experience conducting cyber assessments
• Knowledge of DoD Risk Management Framework
• Certifications: IAT level II or III certification, as defined by DODD 8570.01
Projected start date of Fall 2022
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1400 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Cybersecurity Consultant position
• 5 - 15 years: Relevant work experience
• Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
• Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)