Principal EW Systems Engineer
Applied Electromagnetics Division (AED) of Applied Research Associates, Inc (ARA) is seeking an experienced Principal EW Systems Engineer to join our team in Dayton, OH as a Group Leader. We are looking for a Principal EW Systems who is an authority in all aspects of electromagnetic warfare who will help us grow our business with the Department of Defense. The right candidate will be a leading expert in electromagnetic warfare (EW) and/or radar for either ground or air-based applications. As a Principal RF Engineer, you will identify, define, and recommend solutions to complex technical problems based on general input from the Government customers.
Are you passionate about EW and EW related topics? Do you want the freedom to pursue your technical dreams while growing your own business area? Do you want to serve your country and support the warfighter? Then Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is the place for you! We are looking for an authority in electronic warfare, signal processing or advanced radar systems who will help AED/ARA develop our EW systems business.
As a Principal RF Engineer, you’ll also focus your duties in the following key areas:
• Business Development:
+ Lead marketing/business development for current and new clients to grow and sustain expertise within ARA and solve key problems for Government customers.
+ Serve as a subject matter expert by leading and contributing to business development and R&D projects across ARA.
• Project Work and Oversight
+ Meet with Government customers and program team members on a regular basis to guide, review, and plan future actions on projects.
+ Lead a team of like-minded professionals from ARA and our partners to achieve objectives.
+ Lead proposal preparation for new opportunities.
+ Coordinate and communicate with other groups/divisions on joint proposals.
• US Citizenship
• Active TS clearance or held within the last year
• Doctorate in EW Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics preferred
• 10-12 years in a field of applied electromagnetics
+ 8-10 years in electronic warfare, signal processing, RF hardware engineering
+ 5 years related experience in project development & execution
+ 5 years in related radar work
• Able to demonstrate superior record of creative work including disclosures and patents
• Marketing & business development skills
• Experience in proposal writing and management skills
• Leadership experience (technical, project and/or prior management experience)
• Ability to obtain SAP/SCI tickets
• Willing to relocate to the Dayton, Ohio area
• Project Management Professional
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Principal EW Systems Engineer.
• 10 - 12 years: Relevant work experience
• Doctorate or better in Systems Engineering or related field
Licenses & Certifications
• Top Secret Clearance
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
• Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
• Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
• Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
• Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
• Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
• Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
• Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
• Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)