Senior Field Technician
The Capital Area Division (CAD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a motivated, action-oriented Senior Field Technician to support a new, ground-breaking research and development program involving ground sensors and Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (SUASs). Required expertise and hands on experience building, operating and maintaining mechanical, electronic, and computer-controlled systems. The candidate will work with design team engineers during all phases of development and testing.
Potential tasks include:
• Support system design efforts, using experience to help guide design and component decisions.
• Fabricate and assemble components and systems.
• Review design drawings and schematics prior to release to subcontractors for fabrication.
• Conduct troubleshooting and system diagnosis
• Develop and implement system repair plans
• Support test design and implementation at component and system levels
• Support field test and demonstration planning and execution
• Monitoring development activities by ARA subcontractors
• Interfacing with government and military customers
• US Citizenship
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
• Associates degree, applicable military technician training course graduate and/or equivalent level of experience
• Familiarity with electronic and computer systems, troubleshooting, and common test equipment
• Capable of drafting, reading and evaluating engineering drawings and electrical schematics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 5 years of relevant, hands-on work experience
• Knowledge and experience with SolidWorks
• Worked with and operated SUASs or commercial drones
• Experience fabricating parts with 3-D printers
• Fabrication experience using manual and CNC machine tools
• Skilled at small component fabrication and assembly
• Skilled at electronics prototype fabrication and wiring
key words: "field technician", SUAS, UAS, UAV, Electronics, Avionics, "Control Systems", "Electronics Technician"
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs 1600 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Senior Field Technician position.
• 5 - 8 years: Relevant work experience
• Associates or better
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge,
(b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or
(c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)