Commercial & Business Development Intern
The Commercial team is responsible for corporate business growth and financial forecasting of operating margin. This includes evaluating new business opportunities, lookback analysis on executed projects, and forecasting the operational margin for each asset. The team is split into two groups, one responsible for business development and producer relationships, and the other for monthly margin forecasting and reporting. The role will have exposure to both groups within the Commercial team. This role operates in a fast-paced deadline driven environment with high visibility throughout the organization and from Senior Management.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end operating gross margin forecasting on midstream assets
- Assist with the accumulation of volumes, prices, and operational data used in forecasting
- Assist with gross margin reconciliations of estimated vs actual accounting results in order to improve asset modeling
- Assist with capital projects’ valuations and presentations (IRR) for executive meetings prior to execution as well as “Lookback” valuations and presentations
- Assist with Operational expenditure forecasting
- Ad hoc, special projects and analyses as required
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education & License:
- Bachelor’s Degree underway in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Energy Management.
- Sophomore level coursework completed
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Targa Resources provides equal employment opportunities based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also strive to provide reasonable accommodation to employees’ beliefs and practices that do not conflict with Targa’s policies and applicable law. We value the unique contributions that every employee brings to their role with Targa.