Corporate Development/MBA Intern - REMOTE
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering, environmental, and technology consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. TRC is privately owned by Warburg Pincus ("WP") one of the top global Private Equity firms with a 55-year track record of growth investing through helping to build world-class sustainable businesses.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Development Intern for Summer 2023, as part of TRC Mergers & Acquisitions ("M&A") strategy. This is a paid, full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role. Corporate Development Interns can expect to work closely with the Corporate Development team with exposure to the senior leadership team, operational leaders, and Warburg Pincus. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Development under the leadership of the SVP, Corporate Development. The position will primarily be responsible for financial, operational and market analysis, detailed financial modeling and valuation analysis, researching and developing M&A target profiles, compilation and maintenance of due diligence materials, and preparation of due diligence findings/recommendations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive and maintain the M&A target pipeline process to accelerate acquisition strategy, including researching potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data
- Analyze target companies and industries and prepare competitive analysis and conduct initial due diligence efforts
- Build financial analysis and integrated valuation models for various situations, including acquisitions, strategic investments and disposition of assets
- Support financial and valuation modeling and analysis (including discounted cash flows, market multiple valuation, accretion/dilution, investment returns, synergy pro formas, quality of earnings analysis and sensitivity analysis) for acquisition transactions and other internal initiatives
- Will be supported by leaders, mentors and teammates and have access to Senior Leadership team and Warburg Pincus Capital team
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as necessary
- Pursuing MBA with specialization in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Strategy or related field
- Demonstrated financial/accounting experience in-depth knowledge of complex financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, strategic analysis, company and market research
- Independent, analytical and intellectually curious person who can structure analysis and articulate and succinctly present findings to a wide range of stakeholders, including senior leadership throughout the organization
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to contribute ideas and offer opinions
- Advanced competency with necessary software tools, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, as well as external data sources such as Capital IQ, Thomson, and Bloomberg.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled