Director, Operations Program Management
PHYSICAL OFFICE LOCATION: PEC Headquarters – 201 South Avenue F, Johnson City, TX 78636
Hybrid work options available
Position open until filled.
This position is responsible for critical operations program management activities across the Cooperative, assessing the scope and business impact, allocating resources and ensuring adherence quality, schedule, budget, risk avoidance and ensuring desired outcomes. Provides visibility to senior leadership of projects and programs that are being worked on across the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Executive team to identify, develop and implement new programs, projects, products, business models and other services that advance the mission, vision and values of the Cooperative.
- Drives the development and management of the Cooperative’s critical programs.
- Develops and maintain an overall development plan that identifies opportunities for the Department’s programs and projects.
- Manage a structured project development funnel to advance projects from strategic planning identification to effective and efficient business operations implementation.
- Serve as a senior adviser and facilitator to a multi-functional project team
- Provide guidance on development of strategic sourcing strategy and requirements.
- Provides reports and updates to Executive management or other stakeholders.
- Represent the Cooperative and work with vendors and steer development that meets our business needs through new business assessment and gap analysis
- Focuses on large contracts spanning multiple department, to facilitate the development of SOPS, process maps, internal/external training. Monitors the programs to ensure successful implementations.
- Identifies the most appropriate way to evaluate a program effectiveness by collecting and analyzing data in support of key performance metrics.
- Facilitates communication and coordination across department and districts. Creating department level goals and KPIs, identifying appropriate program data, metrics and reporting.
- Coordinates with districts and department to determine needs, pain point, opportunities for improvement, and progress through productive recurring meetings and other communication means.
- Collaborate with other departments to execute strategic plans and initiatives
- Ensures programs meet their stated objectives.
- Oversees the program budget and staffing requirements.
- Supervises the work of program or project staff to ensure that work in completed on time or in accordance with established standards or specifications.
- Ensures that activities are in compliance with organizational policies and any relevant external regulations.
• Maintain the security of confidential information
• Stay abreast of advances in technology
• Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance
• Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Supervisory and/or Leadership Responsibilities
A full range of supervisory activities, training, evaluation, counseling and recommendation for termination. This includes, but is not limited to, effectively communicating organizational policies and other information to subordinates, ensuring that employees have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques and budgeting
- Extensive experience and knowledge of business, financial, and management principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness, talent development, operations management and corporate engagement
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Knowledge of electric power industry
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Skilled in monitoring and managing performance
- Skilled in establishing and communicating performance expectations and metrics
- Skilled in prioritizing and managing changing priorities
- Skilled in anticipating, identifying, analyzing and resolving conflict and problems
- Skilled in project management and managing multiple projects at one time
- Skilled in conducting financial and quantitative analyses
- Skilled in budget preparation and analysis
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate work across multiple disciplines
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to use identify areas of opportunity and implement process improvements
- Ability to create forecasts using assumptions
- Ability to promote a positive team environment
- Ability to negotiate and finalize projects
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively verbally and in writing
Minimum Qualifications - (Education, Experience, Certification, & Licensing)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Directly related experience may substitute for education
- Eight years of Program or Project Management experience
- Six years of leadership experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Texas Driver’s License
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be required to stand; reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel
- The employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
- The employee may be required to lift, carry, push, pull or move up to 25 pounds
- The employee may be required to travel
- Exempt employees receive a fixed bi-weekly salary to compensate them for all hours worked during each pay period
- This position may be required to work more than 40 hours per week
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Pedernales Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.