Structural Engineer I (0-4 years experience)
Structural Engineer II (5+ years experience)
Belle Chasse, Louisiana or Houston, Texas
The successful candidates will perform detailed structural engineering analysis and design, participating in all project phases from concept selection through onsite fabrication and full-scale dynamic testing while interfacing with clients and project teams. As part of developing custom project solutions and providing hands on technical support, the candidate may visit offsite facilities both onshore and offshore. Current projects include riser/umbilical installations and removals, flex joint change outs, material handling, complex rigging solutions, and permanent skid packages for fixed and floating platforms.
- Ability to create and analyze structural models using computer software
- Ability to review and approve structural drawings
- Ability to author technical reports for client and regulatory body review
- Knowledge of the API RP 2A and AISC 9th and/or 13th edition (WSD) Codes
- Ability to work with a project team of supervisors and peers
- 4-year degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or similar (advanced degree preferred)
- Texas or Louisiana Professional Engineer License (or the ability to obtain)
- Valid TWIC card (or the ability to obtain)
Versabar is a recognized worldwide leader and pioneer in the development and application of heavy lifting solutions primarily servicing the offshore oil and gas industry. Versabar’s staff of highly skilled employees delivers custom solutions for some of the most difficult challenges facing the industry today. Versabar offers turnkey engineering by providing field services, engineering, drafting, fabrication, full scale testing, weighing, and rigging from offices in Houston and New Orleans. Versabar designs and builds in America and ships the solution to the customer’s door anywhere in the world (above or below water).
• Flexible work schedule and remote work available for eligible employees.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found at www.vbar.com.