Systems Development Test Engineer Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Systems Development Test Engineer Intern will assist in the testing of instruments, software and accessories designed for use in vitro diagnostic medical device systems and laboratory automation systems. The position is intended to be an opportunity for an engineering or science undergraduate to obtain hands-on engineering experience in medical device development while contributing to the testing and development effort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with testing, troubleshooting, and refinement of device designs.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Assist in the design of testing strategies and detailed test plans for functional verification at module, unit, and system levels.
- Document test plans, acceptance criteria, and test results.
- Write and execute system and software verification tests.
- Record, reproduce and communicate software and hardware bugs to development staff and contribute to their resolution.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports.
- Strong observational and analytical skills.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as a team depending on tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of regression, black box, white box, boundary condition, performance and other testing strategies.
Education and Experience:
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science.
- Preference giving to candidates with a record of outstanding academic achievement.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 4 hours per day.
- Ability to work at laboratory bench up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to assemble/disassemble mechanical equipment.
- Ability to travel between office locations in Madison, Wisconsin (approximately 8-mile radius).
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841