Gas Operations Intern
Xcel Energy is hiring a Gas Operations Intern to work at the Newport Service Center. This internship will be part-time during the school year with full-time work during the summer of 2023. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a business or operations related field. Preference will be given to local students.
The focus of this internship is to provide the student with a broad look at the gas utility industry through entry-level tasks. This intern will provide assistance to the Gas Operations department by reviewing compliance and work management documentation to ensure accuracy, perform record keeping duties, interface with customers, and support frontline employees. Work may include some special assignments.
This position will help alleviate pressures on current employees as well as prepare the individual with the tools to be a successful applicant for Xcel Energy, training them on Xcel Energy's processes and procedures.
This is a long-term, paid position for up to 24 hours per week during academic periods and up to 40 hours per week during non-academic periods including summer and school breaks. Hours during academic periods can be flexible based on class schedule.
(Starting pay is based on Sophomore college level and will increase each additional year of college)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college
- Sophomore or above preferred
- Major or minor in Business, Business Management, Operations or a related field
- Good organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be approachable, flexible, customer focused, self-motivated, results and team oriented
- The successful candidates must be able to work 16-24 hours a week during the school year and 30-40 hours a week during the summer.
- Interest in the Utility Industry
- Ability to stay on part-time during the school year if offered
- Experience with communicating information to stakeholders.
Experience with coordinating activities within an organization.