Air Quality Litigation Expert – Flexible/Remote US location
Air Quality Litigation Expert – Flexible/Remote US location
Ramboll is a global multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and consultancy company.
We have 16,500 employees worldwide, with 300 offices across 35 countries, including 59 offices in the US.
Joining Ramboll means working for a company that strives to make a difference – for our employees, clients, and society. We truly support and encourage your professional development. You will contribute to exciting and innovative projects, and work for sustainable change so people and nature can flourish. Here you will contribute to a sustainable future in an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering culture. You will feel invited and guided to unfold your ingenuity and develop your excellence.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
We invite you to bring your air quality consulting skills and litigation expertise into play as you contribute to innovative and sustainable air quality solutions. We are seeking candidates with experience in environmental consulting, focused on air quality and litigation services, with a history of successful business growth within the field. Preferred candidates will have a PhD and 5+ years of related experience, however, we will consider applicants with a MS and 7+ years of related experience.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
You will join our Air Quality Practice Area
As our new Air Quality Litigation Expert, you will be part of the firm’s stellar Air Quality team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and business leadership and contribute to innovative solutions in the commercial, manufacturing, government, energy, financial, insurance, and/or law sectors. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to attract expert witness assignments.
This individual will have experience managing consulting assignments, must work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams; is expected to be exceptional in the analysis of data sets, and air quality information; to be a fluent communication of technical information to nontechnical individuals, including legal teams; and must be able to work cooperatively with agencies, organizations, and individuals to guide decision-making. The successful candidate also is expected to be proficient in all facets of project management. He/she must demonstrate a commitment to mentoring and developing Consultant and Manager level staff and collaborating with colleagues throughout the Practice.
Your key tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Supporting expert litigation both as a witness and in supporting witnesses (testifying experience would be a plus);
- Managing projects related to toxic torts, dispersion modeling, emissions analysis, and air monitoring;
- Critically reviewing and interpreting local, state, and federal environmental regulations, compiling and drafting regulatory applicability determinations, and communicating findings, to co-workers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Identifying and pursuing business development opportunities; and
- Participating in local, national and international scientific and trade group meetings.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, your starting point is:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Meteorology, or related discipline;
- Preferred candidates will have a PhD and 5+ years of related experience;
- We will consider applicants with a MS and 7+ years of related experience;
- Experience in environmental consulting, focused on air quality and litigation services relating to toxic torts, dispersion modeling, emissions analysis, and air monitoring;
- Professional engineering or other similar credential;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to externally manage client and regulatory agency relationships and internally manage staff and competing project priorities; and
- History of successful business growth within the field and demonstrated business development capabilities.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Being a confident communicator with superior management skills, having natural leadership talent and the ability to motivate multidisciplinary teams across geographical borders, and have the motivation and ability to generate and maintain business to support company growth.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!