Biomedical Engineer II
Biomedical Engineer II will:
Actively participate in the Company's day to day research and development activities which include: systems development and integration testing, execution and interpretation of scientific experiments. Collaborate with a team of systems R&D scientists and engineers in the development of next generation systems. The primary role is development and integration testing of automated diagnostic instrumentation including automated sample preparation, biological assays, detection and capture methods, and consumables. Investigate systems development and customer driven issues in a lab environment and provide feedback to Systems R&D and Technical Operations. Verification / Validation of new systems, system updates and documentation updates. Write design verification protocols and reports and analyze results.
What you will do
• HW/SW integration, development and troubleshooting of automated instrumentation.
• Script based development of process workflow for automated instrumentation.
• Write scripts in languages such as Python and scheme for systems development and troubleshooting
• Responsible for preparing and running assays, systems integration testing and systems development, including analysis of results.
• Design Verification:
• Responsible for writing and executing design verification protocols and reports based on project timelines
• Verification / Validation of new products, system updates and documentation updates.
• Lab coordination:
• Adhere to compliance of BSL2 laboratory
• Maintain SDS for all labs in the Hardware Integration group
• Maintenance and calibration of equipment, hoods, thermal cyclers, etc.
• Present / Communicate test results within department and across departments as required.
• Troubleshooting experiments on Market released and pre-market released systems.
• Research and investigate systems development and complex customer-driven technical issues for resolution.
• Additional Research & Development tasks and support of on market product testing as need arises.
• Interacts with various internal and external groups to facilitate the completion of design transfer and troubleshooting efforts.
- • Minimum B.S. degree in biomedical engineering, chemistry, biology, molecular biology. required
- 2+ Years • Two years systems integration testing and systems development experience in a multidisciplinary environment, medical device systems preferred. preferred
Training and Skills
- Ability to translate written product specifications into functional product designs (High proficiency)
- Ability to write scripts in languages such as Python and Scheme (Low proficiency)
- Understanding of product development processes (Low proficiency)
- Must have strong integration, analytical and troubleshooting skills (Medium proficiency)
- 5% • Must work onsite at Luminex office at least 95% of the time. • Travel may be required approximately 5% of the time