ArcGIS Data Specialist at EPA
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; ArcGIS Data Specialist at EPA with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Gulf Breeze, FL.
Salary: $22.24 per hour.
Travel: No overnight travel is anticipated.
- Academic coursework should include any science, preferably a mix of environmental sciences or sustainability-related curriculum;
- Training and/or experience with a strong background in ArcGIS applications and the ability to manage the geodatabases;
- Experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word;
- Experience compiling, organizing, and summarizing database information and conducting Internet searches; and
- Experience developing graphics, tables and other products for scientific reports and manuscripts.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, biology, ecology, marine biology, zoology, chemistry, geography, social sciences, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
Within ORD, the Center for Environmental Measurement & Modeling (CEMM) conducts research to advance EPA’s ability to measure and model contaminants in the environment, including research to provide fundamental methods and models needed to implement environmental statutes. The methods and models developed by CEMM are typically applied at the airshed, watershed and ecosystem level. Within CEMM, the Gulf Ecosystem Measurement and Modeling Division (GEMMD) provides leadership and specialized research in marine, estuarine, and watershed ecology and ecotoxicology to predict and assess the effects of human-generated stressors on the unique aquatic resources of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico & the Nation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Participating as a member of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- Identifying scientific achievements and activities for communication to various audiences;
- Providing assistance in writing and editing science articles and other communications materials including fact sheets, blogs, and talking points; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org