Project Controls Analyst
The mission of the Project Management Center is to provide the Laboratory with a Project Management process and system that will lead to achieving outstanding project management capability and foster an on-going process of sizing Project Management methodology implementing a graded approach that optimally aligns resources and methodology to achieve our management goals of successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
The work will be based at BNL, or domestically in the US subject to an approved remote work agreement.
Candidate will report to the Manager or to a Senior staff within the Project Management Center (PMC) and will implement cost and schedule project planning and control functions for large/complex scientific construction projects and smaller Research and Development projects. The project management/controls experience should be in the initiation stages of project planning through execution and closeout phases of a project. Selected candidate will draw upon an advanced understanding of project scheduling and cost estimating methods, project controls principles, and hands-on experience with Primavera to successfully develop schedule, manage work, resources, and dollars using project controls tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement all aspects of an earned value management system, which consists of developing a fully integrated resource loaded schedule
- Assist and support technical management in developing resource requirements to support the development of the project cost estimate
- Analysis of the project schedule using critical path methodology and project metrics
- Implement changes to the schedule baseline
- Generate performance measurement monthly reports for the management team
- Analyzing and reporting/presenting project data at meetings or external reviews
- Support the deployment of new techniques and project management tools
- advise project managers/control account managers on project performance of their projects/schedule
- Support proposal preparation, procedure development and Project Management training/coaching of project team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent in a related discipline. Equivalency is based on a 2:1 (experience: college) years’ experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional cost/scheduling experience
- Working knowledge of cost estimating, budgeting and control
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System processes and requirements
- Must be proficient in Primavera P6 software
- Proficiency in scheduling theory, techniques and methodologies
- Proficiency in project management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills and proven ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated oral communication skills with public speaking experience
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, willing to take initiative and able to perform independently
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree
- Professional Certifications such as PMP, RMP, SP, EVP etc.
- Experience in a DOE project environment
- Experience with Cobra or similar EVMS software