Geoscience - Intern
A privately held exploration and production company, Hunt Oil has successfully conducted worldwide petroleum operations for over 80 years and is one of the world’s leading independent energy companies. The mission of Hunt Oil Company is to be a growth-oriented industry leader respected throughout the world for the quality and competency of its people, the efficiency and scope of its operations, and its rich heritage of honesty and integrity.
We are currently seeking a Geoscience Intern located in our Dallas, TX office. This is a paid summer internship opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Geologist Intern for the Western Region (domestic) department located in our Dallas, TX office. This is a paid summer internship opportunity.
· Research, spatial analysis, and subsurface geological interpretation related to Saltwater Disposal and/or Oil & Gas Exploration and Development.
Preferred Degree Background:
· Pursuing a Thesis-Option master’s in Geoscience
· Minimum of 3.0 grade point average
· Currently pursuing a thesis-option Master’s in geoscience
· Proficiency in ArcGIS or other mapping software
· Strong understanding of stratigraphy and sedimentology
· Data science experience, preferred
· Hydrogeology/understanding of subsurface fluid flow, preferred
· Petrophysics/well log analysis, preferred
· Computer literacy
· Pattern recognition and logical problem solving
· Listening acuity and attention to detail in work product
· Excellent work ethic and has demonstrated ability to “do what you can with what you have where you are”
· Presentation and communication skills a must
· Ability to work in an integrated, multidisciplinary team
Ability to manage multiple tasks & areas of resp