Amazon Robotics - System Development Eng Intern - Summer 2023
System Development Engineer Intern
Location: Nashville, TN
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
WW Technology Deployment delivers all internally developed robotics and automation equipment globally to Operations in NA, EU, and APAC, with system integration into end-to-end solutions. You will work closely with multiple Product Development teams and experienced Project Managers and Deployment Engineers who direct installation and commissioning in the field. Given the pace of new product development at Amazon, our team is excited by the opportunity to deliver the most advanced technology to Operations, providing the best selection, delivery, and value to our Customers.
This internship position will be based in Nashville, TN, and is a full-time (40h / week) internship from May - August 2023.
The Intern will be responsible for:
* Develop test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the Alpha and Beta testing sites including identification, specification, design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and diagnostic software
* Work with the Design and Manufacturing teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges
* Identify and report product deployment failures to manufacturing and quality teams
* Record, analyze, and report process metrics to predict and mitigate deployment process failures
* Manage configuration changes and enforce configuration control throughout the process
* Can document a technical problem with appropriate level of detail; can create, revise, and/or improve SOPs
* Identify straightforward root causes and opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in an Engineering related field - Preferred Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the internship
* Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) internship from May - August 2023
* Hands on expertise and competencies in programming, mechanical and electrical setup and connections, calibration, debugging and troubleshooting in Robotics, End of arm tooling, Computer vision, Sensors ranging from LIDAR to photo eyes, Industrial networks, PLCs or similar
* Familiar with Python, LabView and Arduino
* Strong knowledge in CAD and reading engineering drawings
* Understanding with integration/test fixtures and test systems
* Able to debug and troubleshoot
* Experience integrating software and hardware systems
* Good process documentation and writing skills
* Knowledge of hardware and software tools for test automation
* Able to thrive with tight timelines
* Good communication skills required, both written & verbal to collaborate effectively with internal and external teams
* Self driven and able to execute with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.