Petroleum Engineer - Intern
A privately held exploration and production company, Hunt Oil has successfully conducted worldwide petroleum operations for over 80 years and is one of the world’s leading independent energy companies. The mission of Hunt Oil Company is to be a growth-oriented industry leader respected throughout the world for the quality and competency of its people, the efficiency and scope of its operations, and its rich heritage of honesty and integrity.
We are currently seeking a Petroleum Engineer Intern located in our Dallas, TX office. This is a paid summer internship opportunity.
Intern will work on multiple reservoir and production engineering projects associated with Hunt's operated Bakken (unconventional) assets.
· Assist subsurface team with calculations and assessments to be used in field development and budget proposals
· Research and evaluate producing properties, proven reserves, and upside potential of active regions
· Prepare property recommendations for future well work and drilling opportunities including economic and technical analysis
· Interface with a multidisciplinary team
· Present results to management
Preferred Degree Background:
· Rising junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree or master’s in Petroleum Engineer
· Minimum of 3.0 grade point average
· Previous internship experience preferred
· Extracurricular activities a plus
· Presentation and communication skills is a must
· Ability to communicate with field personnel and technical staff
· Self-motivated, proactive, and safety conscious
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to manage multiple tasks & areas of responsibility concurrently
· Excellent work ethic
· Ability to provide academic transcripts