Reservoir - Petroleum Engineer - Intern
A privately held exploration and production company, Hunt Oil has successfully conducted worldwide petroleum operations for over 80 years and is one of the world’s leading independent energy companies. The mission of Hunt Oil Company is to be a growth-oriented industry leader respected throughout the world for the quality and competency of its people, the efficiency and scope of its operations, and its rich heritage of honesty and integrity.
We are currently seeking a Petroleum Engineer Intern located in our Dallas, TX office. This is a paid summer internship opportunity.
Intern will update various reservoir simulation models to match latest production data and modify to forecast production from various development scenarios provided by the asset teams. After receiving vendor and supervisor training, intern will run various Eclipse or similar models. Student will summarize results, and present to the asset team.
Preferred Degree Background:
· Rising junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree or master’s in Petroleum Engineering
· Minimum of 3.0 grade point average
· Knowledge in basic petroleum engineering concepts.
· Previous experience or exposure to principles on reservoir engineering, modeling, simulation, pressure transient analysis, basic petroleum geological concepts
· Have finished third year of degree plan.
· Previous internships a plus.
· Presentation and communication skills is a must
· Ability to communicate with field personnel and technical staff
· Self-motivated, proactive, and safety conscious
· Ability to manage multiple tasks & areas of responsibility concurrently
· Excellent work ethic
· Ability to provide academic transcripts