Trendsetter Engineering provides Multiplexed Electro-Hydraulic (MUX) Controls Systems for use in the subsea industry. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing electronics for use in a harsh topsides and subsea environment. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage designs from conception, through end of life incorporating feedback from stakeholders and customers continuously. The position requires cross-functional collaboration to interface and integrate the controls equipment to mechanical designs and equipment. The candidate must demonstrate excellent process and project management skills to function effectively with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Perform design and analysis of digital, analog and power circuits to help create robust products.
- Develop specifications and test requirements that drive product design.
- Create schematics, layouts, and choose components and products that meet project requirements.
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability and manufacturability.
- Create bills of materials, drawings, layouts, and models to support new designs.
- Provide guidance for designers, and other engineers, on design tasks as needed. Function as lead on tasks of moderate complexity.
- Perform software and firmware installation, configure HMI/SCADA software for product or project application.
- Perform basic HMI/SCADA software or PLC revisions as needed.
- Collaborate with product group mechanical and electrical engineers on detailed design work, and work with project and business development groups on product research, definition and development.
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service.
- Recommend improvements to engineering policies and establish new procedures as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement to electrical scope best practices by evaluating industry tools and techniques, then collaborating with the electrical engineering team to discuss implementation.
- Maintain an awareness of how assigned tasks impact schedule, scope, budget, and quality at every stage of development from concept to end of life.
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Additional Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in design of electronics used in harsh environments.
- Wide range of electrical engineering technological knowledge, including, but not limited to:
- Sensing and control systems.
- Ethernet communication systems at the physical and/or network level.
- Instrumentation and noise.
- Optimization of hardware and firmware integration architecture for best performance.
- Microcontroller technology, application and programming.
- Power distribution and transmission lines.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- Fiber optics and optical data links.
- Experience as a technical lead on engineering development projects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak.
- Frequent need for manual dexterity – using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pulls, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit & stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of PC is required.
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed in safety zone areas.