Mechanical Design Engineer
You will work closely with Principal Engineers, Project Engineers, Designers, Manufacturing personnel, and Project Managers while working in the Control Systems Engineering Team. Your primary function will be using mechanical design software to create, improve, verify and maintain mechanical and hydraulic products while supporting software, electrical, and electronic engineering functions at a system level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create subsea electrical and electronic enclosures designed to address project requirements.
- Implement appropriate changes to resolve field problems and improve product performance.
- Assist in analysis of problem areas and recommends solutions.
- Assist with building prototypes and in validation through testing.
- Review customer’s specifications and develop designs to meet those specifications.
- Create drawings for manufacture and for communication with the client.
- Review and check drawings.
- Create supporting design documentation.
- Perform order of magnitude and detailed analysis to evaluate and verify designs.
- Produce and maintain installation, operation, and maintenance manuals and guidelines.
- Produce consistent, complete, and accurate drawings of assemblies and components.
- Be familiar with Company HSE policies and procedures.
- Share knowledge & best practice across the company.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Ability to work within electrical, electronic and software disciplines
- Must be flexible and able to work autonomously as well as under direction.
- Proficiency with MS Office or similar software is required.
- Experience with CAD in generating detail drawings and schematics is preferred.
- The ability to understand complex technical design layouts is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with changing priorities is necessary.