Summer Intern, Legal
Pattern Energy is a leading renewable energy company that develops, constructs, owns, and operates high-quality wind and solar generation, transmission, and energy storage facilities. Our mission is to transition the world to renewable energy through the sustainable development and responsible operation of facilities with respect for the environment, communities, and cultures where we have a presence.
Our approach begins and ends with establishing trust, accountability, and transparency. Our company values of creative spirit, pride of ownership, follow-through, and a team-first attitude drive us to pursue our mission every day. Our culture supports our values by fostering innovative and critical thinking and a deep belief in living up to our promises.
Headquartered in the United States, Pattern has a global portfolio of more than 35 power facilities and transmission assets, serving various customers that provide low-cost clean energy to millions of consumers.
Pattern Energy is excited to hire our summer 2023 Interns! Pattern’s Summer Internship Program gives undergraduate and graduate students hands-on experience to develop technical skills, as well as a better understanding of the renewable industry. This internship program will run for approximately 10-12 weeks and include a formal welcome, mentorship opportunities, executive exposure and some travel opportunities. This is one way that Pattern Energy supports the larger renewable community and invests in the next generation of great minds.
The Legal Intern will work directly with attorneys and paralegals in Pattern Energy’s legal department. The Legal Intern will be exposed to variety of legal disciplines and functions, including operations and real estate. The Legal Intern will work on a diverse mix of assignment and on a range of transactions, projects, and policy matters.
As a Legal Intern, your primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the legal team and collaborating with other Pattern Energy stakeholders to help define, create, and edit legal document.
- Performing legal research and analysis and preparing legal memoranda on various areas of law.
- Providing other assistance on various projects as needed.
- Rising 2L or 3L law student pursing a Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school, preferably top 25% class rank.
- Should be intellectually curious, flexible, and passionate about renewable energy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork and independent work ethic are essential.
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of data.
- Ability to organize time well and set proper priorities.
This position will commence in late May/early June through August 2023.
Pattern Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer