System Safety Analyst
ARES Corporation is seeking a motivated and experienced safety engineer to support NASA’s Human Space Flight Program.
- Apply system safety processes/methodologies to identify and analyze risks/issues for the ISS.
- Develop, review, and status hazard analysis as needed.
- Participate and coordinate with various boards, panels, and working groups in strategic and tactical planning activities for Safety and Mission Assurance (S&MA).
- Participate on the ISS Increment Management Team to ensure safety requirements are met and issues resolved.
- Develop and coordinate Increment S&MA reports.
- Present S&MA status at NASA boards and forums.
- Perform technical evaluations of ISS Change Requests for requirements documents and flight planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications with peers, management, and customers.
- Demonstrated self-initiative to identify problem areas and implement solutions on a task and project level.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, team environment with a short turnaround time.
- Experience with NASA safety and risk processes, standards, and policies.
- Technical and/or operational knowledge of ISS systems strongly desired.
Education and Relevant Work Experience:
BS/BA degree in engineering, math, or science with 5 to 10 years of professional experience in engineering or related technical field.
ARES offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Full time employees may participate in:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA/FSA Accounts
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and complies with in E-Verify.
ARES shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All Federal contractor employees may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of work location (including work from home). Full vaccination status is achieved two weeks after the final vaccine dose. This requirement does allow for certain reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons.