SCIENTIST 2/SCIENTIST 3, BIOCHEMICAL AND CELLULAR PHARMACOLOGY, Genentech
We have an opening for a skilled Scientist 2 / Scientist 3 to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department. The successful candidate will be part of a diverse and highly motivated team driving the characterization of large molecule drug candidates that are being developed for various diseases.
You will be responsible for the development, optimization and execution of functional pharmacology assays especially utilizing complex cellular models to support our oligonucleotide therapeutics discovery programs for the selection and advancement of lead molecules for various diseases. the individual will be expected to implement robust and high throughput sample preparation as well as data analysis workflows. You will have the opportunity to design and execute complex screening cascades for multiple projects, conduct detailed data analyses and present these to project teams.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology or closely related fields.
- At least 4 years (Scientist 2) or 6+ years (Scientist 3) of research experience in academia, biotechnology, or biopharmaceutical experience.
- Experience with the mammalian cell culture and preferably culturing primary cells.
- Experience with human iPS cells and differentiation in to various cell types, gene editing and expertise in microscopy and/or high content image analysis is a plus.
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of quantitative biochemical assays is essential.
- Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also to collaborate well with project teams
- Proficiency with commonly used qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods and software.
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated liquid handling instrumentation is a plus. attention to details and ability of multitasking strong analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, teamwork and organizational skills. Clear oral communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with electronic note books, precise documentation of SOPs and results.
- A passion for science and good experiences with interdepartmental and/or external collaborations.
- Record of achievement including publications that demonstrate expertise and knowledge.
Relocation benefits are available for this position
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Job Sub Category
- Research Biology
- Full time
- Oct 14th 2022